Student Design Competition Prizes
Teams compete at annual ASME E-Fests™. First, Second and Third place prizes are awarded as follows:
- First place team receives $500
- 2nd Place: Teams receive $300.
- 3rd Place: Teams receive $150
There is no travel subsidy for the students, student section advisors, District leaders or any representatives of the same to an ASME E-Fest.
Student Design Competition — Finals at ASME's IMECE
Teams that competed in SDC at any E-Fest throughout the year are invited to participate in the international competition (Finals) held at ASME's International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition (IMECE).
Space availability at the finals is limited. Teams that placed first, second or third at any E-Fest will have priority in securring a spot in the finals (dependent on notification deadlines).
Prizes for winners at the Finals are:
- 1st Place: $3,000 and $1000 for the Student Section of the Winner's Institution.
- 2nd Place: $1,000 and $500 for the Student Section of the Winner's Institution.
- 3rd Place: $500 and $250 for the Student Section of the Winner's Institution.
All awards will be paid upon completion of the financial form required by the IRS of US based students and IRS W8BEN by all overseas based students.
*Travel Allowance Restrictions
For ASME E-Fest winners to attend the finals at IMECE:
- Two (2) teams from each** ASME E-Fest in the United States are eligible for a subsidy of up to $1,200 per team for up to four (4) team members to cover the travel and other expenses to compete at the Finals at the IMECE.
- One (1) team each from ASME E-Fest Asia Pacific is eligible for a subsidy of up to $1,500 for up to four (4) team members to cover the travel and other expenses to compete at the Finals at the IMECE.
- All travel subsidy will be paid after submittal of expense reports and completion of the Form 990 or W8BEN Form.
- All travel subsidy/ contributions are subject to ASME policy restrictions unless officially notified otherwise. See also ASME Policy.